Today we’re talking about Afrocentrism. What is it? Does it hurt or help ancient African cultures? And how does it affect archaeology in the new world?
More about other ancient African cultures you may never have heard of:
- Great Zimbabwe:
- The Kingdom of Kush:
- The Art and Archaeology of Ancient Nubia
- Feder, K. 1998-99 Archaeology and Afrocentrism: An Attempt to set the record straight. A Current Bibliography on African Affairs 29(3):199-210
Things to Read and Watch:
- Stolen Legacy: Greek Philosophy is Stolen Egyptian Philosophy by George G. M. James, Ph.D
- The danger of a single story by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Africans are fighting media poverty-porn by tweeting beautiful images of their real lives
Email us at ArchyFantasies@gmail.com
Follow us on Twitter at @Archyfantasies and find us on FaceBook.
Theme Music by ArcheoSoup Productions
Leave a Reply