Today we look at some concepts in Archaeology, mainly the idea of two cultures creating similar looking technology independently of each other. We call this Independent Invention or Convergence, and it’s usually what really happening when the fringe sees diffusion in cultures. We look over the concepts and look at a few examples like writing and megaliths to see how this works in real cultures.
- What is Convergence in Archaeology?
- Apophenia – the tendency to perceive a connection or meaningful pattern between unrelated or random things
- A HISTORY OF PSEUDO-ARCHAEOLOGY: HYPERDIFFUSION AND ALIENS – EPISODE 47
- A HISTORY OF PSEUDO-ARCHAEOLOGY: DIFFUSION – ARCHYFANTASIES 38
- Email us at ArchyFantasies@gmail.com
- Follow us on Twitter at @Archyfantasies and find us on FaceBook.
Theme Music by ArcheopSoup Productions