We did a lot this year on the blog and the podcast, not to mention personally.
We moved to Philadelphia, continued in grad school, went to several conferences, had a litter of kittens...
On the ArchyFantasies side, we moved the Podcast to an independent platform, reached out to several new guests and hosts, really launched our Pateron and in
It thought it might be interesting to look back at the past year and see what our most popular articles and podcast episodes were. I was expecting a fair amount of overlap, but there was a kind of divide between my podcast and my blog.
Top Ten (11) Podcast Episodes in 2018:
- Episode 1 – Debunking Pseudo-Archaeology – Episode 1
- Episode 98 – Olmecs and Ancient DNA with Jennifer Raff – Archaeological Fantasies ep 98
- Episode 99 Sacred Fossils and Hindu Pseudoarchaeology With Dr. Holly Walters: Archaeological Fantasies Ep 99
- Episode 2 – The Genetic Disk – Episode 2
- Episode 100 – The Beardmore Relics with Douglas Hunter – Archaeological Fantasies Episode 100
- Episode 3 – Fringe Archaeology and Giants – Episode 3
- Episode 17 – Atlantis – Episode 17
- Episode 96 – Canadian Pseudoarchaeology with Steph Halmhofer: Archaeological Fantasies EP 96
- Monstertalk Double Feature – Monstertalk Crossover Double Feature
- Episode 4 – Those Mysterious Mound Builders – Episode 4
- Episode 97 – Archaeogaming with Andrew Reinhard – Archaeological Fantasies Ep 97
Top Ten Blog Posts for 2018:
- If by Indiana Jones you mean a fake archaeologist, then yes Megan Fox is the new Indiana Jones.
- The Non-Mystery of Viking Women Warriors: Legends of the Lost Ep 2
- The 10 Most Not-So-Puzzling Ancient Artifacts: The Dropa Stones
- The 10 Most Not-So-Puzzling Ancient Artifacts: The Baghdad Battery
- The 10 Most Not-So-Puzzling Ancient Artifacts: The Grooved Spheres
- 10 Most Puzzling Ancient Artifacts – Archaeological Fantasies
- The 10 Most Not-So-Puzzling Ancient Artifacts: The Coso Artifact
- The 10 Most Not-So-Puzzling Ancient Artifacts: The Ica Stones
- Mothers of the Field
- The Genetic Disk (Updated)
I’m glad to see such a variety of topics being enjoyed by folks on the podcast. Everything this year from our first episode to the emerging study of Archaeogaming. There’s a pretty wide variety there too, one I don’t really see in the blog.
The 10 Most Not-So-Puzzling Ancient Artifacts series is still going strong, and frankly, I blame Ancient Aliens. But hey, they’re driving people to my blog so…
I am glad to see criticism of Legends of the Lost is doing well too. They’re the top posts by almost double the others. That’s hearting.
Keeping it brief here, I like the way things are going here, but I can also see clear trends that people appear to want, given the medium. So saying, I’ve got several new and, hopefully, exciting new things to try with the podcast and blog, but we won’t be losing our staples either.
All that said, into the New Year we go! Thanks to everyone who has supported us this far, stick with us for more Archaeology, outreach, and plain old fun!
If you’d like to support the Podcast or blog, consider donating to us on Patreon or buy us a Ko-Fi. Either option helps us out.
Grab a t-shirt or coffee mug from our Swag Store on Zazzle.
Be sure to subscribe to the podcast on the blog at www.ArchyFantasies.com and like and share us where ever you can.
You can follow us on twitter @Archyfantsies, or look us up on Facebook. You can reach us by email at ArchyFantasies@gmail.com.
Contact us below or leave a comment.